FEDERAL RECORDS CENTER CASE INFORMATION SEARCH
Cases closed prior to April 4, 2004 are located at the
Federal Records center in Chicago.
To use the FRC Case Information Search below, enter either the
Debtor’s Social Security Number OR the Debtor's First and Last Name.
Complete the Social Security Number using the format
XXX-XX-XXXX (include dashes in your entry).
If you do not know the Debtor’s Social Security Number, you may enter
the Debtor’s Last AND First Name (no middle initials or middle name).
Select the “Click here to search” button.
After you click submit, the Search Results Screen will open.
All cases matching the criteria you entered will be displayed.
For example, if you entered “Mary
Smith” in the search fields, then all archived cases under the name “Mary Smith”
will appear. A debtor may have filed
multiple cases, or there may be more than one debtor with the same first and
last name. You can further identify a case by the year the case was filed
(identified by the first two digits of the case number) or the date the case was
closed (listed under Date Terminated on the results screen).
Write down the following information from the Search Results Screen to
NATF 90, 90A, 90B or 90C
To order court records online:
1. Visit the National Archives "Order Online page (Click
2. Click on "Order Reproductions," then "Court Records."
3. Select Bankruptcy Cases.
4. Select the appropriate item (i.e., case docket sheet, entire
case file or pre selected documents).
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up an account and place the
To order court records via mail/fax/email:
1. Visit the National Archives Court Records information page (Click
2. Select records from the "Bankruptcy, Civil, and Criminal Courts
and the Courts of Appeal".
3. Download and complete the Bankruptcy Form.
4. Mail/fax/e-mail the form to the appropriate facility (see page 2 of the
request form for contact information).